May 23, 2014

The Wood



We had some delays on the house with getting framers scheduled.
It's the busy season for building, so the good framers are busy.

Progress on the home has been a little slow the last couple of weeks.

But, there has still been plenty of decisions going on.

Kitchen layout. Where does the oven go?
Do we have 2 dishwashers?
Do we have a microwave drawer, if yes, where?

Laundry Room layout and cabinets throughout the home.
Do our kitchen cabinets go to the ceiling?
If not, are they empty on top or does the wall come down to meet the top of the cabinet.
This is called a soffitt? I'm learning new words every day with this project.

Do we want a hearth in front of our fireplace?
This means a bench, a place to sit.

Too many decisions if you ask me.
Things I've never noticed in a home before, until you ask me.
Then I still don't know how I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment